What is RADA?
“RADA is an acronym for rape, alcohol, drug and abuse.”
We take positive, meaningful and effective action to combat these addictions and atrocities so that our world can become a better, healthier and safer place in which to prosper.
RADA is a registered Non-Profit Company that plans to build comprehensive renewal centres in South African cities to begin with and eventually in cities around the world.
RADA is currently based in Bryanston, Johannesburg, together with The Transformation Development Centre (“TDC”) under the banner TDC RADA. We offer Yoga, Reiki, Self-Help Workshops, Psychology Sessions, Meditation Classes, Life-Sound Therapies and Medical Assistance through an on-site medical practitioner. The facilities have been expanded to include additional medical rooms with a 120-seater conference centre. RADA has secured land situated on the outskirts of Johannesburg whereby plans are being finalised for the creation of the first RADA in-house facility.
Completion of the facility is expected by July 2018. Architectural plans for another RADA centre are underway.RADA AT A GLANCE
What Makes RADA Different
Our techniques and success rates are our point of difference:
- RADA addresses issues proactively through RADA Training Academy and by partnering with organisations which implement programmes that focus on the emotional development and social well-being of children.
- RADA Training Academy is an education centre that provides internationally recognised workshops, Service SETA Accredited courses, computer training and call-centre training.
- RADA’s reactive approach to renewal is based on the premise that people need to understand that they are entirely responsible for and accountable to themselves.
- The therapies that RADA uses helps people to recognise the fact that they actually have the power and energy within themselves to get back onto the road to recovery and ultimately lead a fulfilled life.
- Using a form of deep meditation, the RADA techniques work with accelerated mental processes that encourage a complete shift in mind set.
- The process that RADA plans to employ for the reporting of the rape and abuse cases will be a first in South Africa – methodical, security-tight and individual-based empathetic care are all components integral to our service.